The Ways of the Way By Raymond Robert Fischer
Restoring the Jewish Roots of the Modern Church.
This book takes you on a journey back to the days of the Nazarene Jewish movement, known as The Way.
You will learn:
* Why restoring the original theology, doctrine, worship practices, and structure of the early church will also restore the body of Christ to its former glory.
* What new archeological discoveries in Israel and ancient manuscripts stored in the Smithsonian are telling us about the roots of the faith and the Bible - and why scholars don't want you to know about it.
* How you can start or participate in a vital home church that follows the model set forth by the early Christians, who were taught by Jesus Himself.
Whether you are praying for a radical revival or simply seeking a change from the status quo of "church as usual", read this fascinating account of the early Jewish-Christian fathers and get ready for the outpouring of the Spirit.
Part I: The Way's Mother Congregation on Mount Zion
- The Founding of the Jewish "Mother Congregation" on Mount Zion
- The Organization and Structure of the Nazarenes and Their "Mother Congregation" of The Way on Mount Zion
- The Way's Understanding and Celebration of Water Baptism
- The Way's Understanding and Celebration of the Lord's Supper
- The Initiation of New Members of The Way in the First-Century Jerusalem
Part II: The Tiberias Synagogue of The Way
- Discovery and Initial Identification
- The Tiberias Messianic Synagogue's Mosaics
- The Mikvah of the Tiberias Synagogue of The Way
- The Way's Presumed Late-First-Century Movement from Mount Zion to Tiberias
- Tiberias in the Late First Century: The Setting for a New Congregation of The Way
- The End of an Era: The Way Takes Leave of Tiberias
- The Amazing Saga of Count Joseph
- The Byzantine Church on Mount Berenice: Another Tiberias Nazarene Site of The Way?
- Two Other Early Sites of The Way
- The Transition from Nazarene to Pre-Byzantine and Early Byzantine Christianity as Evidenced by the Original Floor Mosaics at Tabgha and Kursi
Part III: The Theology and Doctrine of The Way
- Christology: The Way's Understanding of the Nature of Yeshua (Jesus)
- The Way's Understanding of the Name
- The Way's Understanding of Redemption
- The Way's Understanding of Predestination
- The Way's Understanding of the Body of Yeshua, the Church
- Angelology: The Way's Understanding of the Angels
- Demonology: The Way's Understanding of the Fallen Angels
- Millenarianism: The Way's Understanding of Eschatology, the End of Days
Part IV: The Sacred Writing of The Way
- The Canonical Gospels of The Way and the Rediscovered Codex Washington
- Old Testament Pseudepigraphic Writings Pertinent to The Way
- The New Testament Apocryphal Writings of The Way
- The Didache: The Lord's Teaching Through the Twelve Apostles to the Nations
Part V: The Praise and Worship of The Way
- The Essene Psalter of Old Testament and Apocryphal Psalms
- The Hodayoth (Hymns of Thanksgiving)
- The Odes of Solomon
- The Rich Jewish Heritage of Davidic Dance
Part VI: The Ways of The Way as a Guide for Today's Church
- Who Is Returning, and From Where?
- Whither Shall They Go?
- The Tiberias Synagogue of The Way
- The Ben Ezra Platation, Near Tiberias
- Guidance for Home Congregations
Bob Fischer and his wife, Donna, have lived in Tiberias, Israel since they made Aliyah in 1992.
Bob is a Messianic Jew; Donna is married into the covenant. Bob is a graduate of the University of Rochester, BA (1956) and Faith Seminary (MA, 1994, LHD, 2003). He is the author of three scholarly books: The Messianic Seal of the Jerusalem Church, The Children of God, Full Circle, and an accredited DVD course, all of which are widely used as texts to teach the Jewish Roots of Christianity at seminary, bible college, church, and home levels. The Door Where it Began. is his first novel. As an adjunct professor, Bob periodically teaches a course on Jewish Original of Christianity at Faith Seminary.