The Complete Jewish Study Bible (Flexisoft) Thumb Indexed
Christians and Messianic Jews who are interested in the rich spiritual traditions of their faith will be thrilled with this brand new study Bible. The Complete Jewish Study Bible pairs the updated text of the Complete Jewish Bible translation with extra study material, to help readers understand and connect with the Jewish heritage of the Christian faith.
The Complete Jewish Bible shows that the word of God, from Genesis to Revelation, is a unified Jewish book meant for everyone.
The Complete Jewish Study Bible (Flexisoft)
Translated by David H. Stern with new, updated introductions by Rabbi Barry Rubin, it has been a best-seller for over twenty years. This translation, combined with beautiful, modern design and helpful features, makes this an exquisite, one-of-a-kind Bible. Unique to The Complete Jewish Study Bible are a number of helpful articles and notes to aid the reader in understanding the Jewish context for the Scriptures, both in the Tanakh (the Old Testament) and the B'rit Hadashah (the New Testament).
- Over 100 articles—categorized into twelve themes—run throughout the Bible covering topics such as Jewish Customs, Messianic Prophecy, the Names of God, Shabbat, the Torah, and more
- Over thirty additional topical articles—ranging from such subjects as the menorah and repentance to Yeshua’s “Sermon on the Mount” and the Noachide Laws (the laws given by God to Noah and subsequent generations) and their applicability to Gentiles—offer fresh insight and spiritual application
- New Bible book introductions, written from a Jewish perspective
- Follows the Jewish order of the Takakh’s books (Old Testament), the order with which Yeshua was familiar
- Includes extensive bottom-of-the-page notes throughout to help readers understand the historical background and cultural context of the text
- Provides Scripture readings for Sabbaths, Festivals, Feasts, and Fasts
- Offers the original Hebrew names for all people, places, and concepts, as well as a pronunciation guide
- Articles written by over thirty contributors (both Jewish and Christian), including Drs. John and Patrice Fischer, Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum, Rabbi Barney Kasdan, and many more
- Featuring quotes and excerpts from well-known Rabbis and scholars, both ancient and modern, such as Dr. Walter Kaiser, Dr. Daniel Boyarin, Dr. Amy-Jill Levine, Rabbi Jonathan Sacks, Rabbi Gamaliel, Rabbi Hillel, Rabbi Shammai, Rabbi Akiva, Maimonides, Dr. Michael Brown, Dr. Michael Rydelnik, and many more
- In addition to these topical articles and detailed study notes, there are twelve tracks or themes running throughout the Bible with 117 articles, covering topics such as Jewish Customs, the Names of God, Shabbat, and the Torah
- Thirty-four topical articles ranging from topics such as the menorah (or "candelabra of God") and repentance (t'shuvah) in the Bible, to Yeshua's "Sermon on the Mount" and the Noachide Laws (the laws given by God to Noah and subsequent generations) and their applicability to Gentiles.
- Bottom-of-page notes to help readers understand the deeper meanings behind the Jewish text.
- Sabbath and Holy Day Scripture readings.
- Offers the original Hebrew names for people, places, and concepts.
Additional Features - Blue Imitation Leather
- Eight pages of full-color maps
- Presentation page
- Two ribbon markers
- Gold Page Edges
- 10-point text size
- 9.75" x 7.00" x 1.75
*Note: Page numbers will not match up to pages in the Complete Jewish Bible which are used in TorahClass.com teaching.