What Your Child Needs To Know When: According to the Bible, According to the State
God and the state are not always on the same page when it comes to your children's education. This edition of Sampson's bestseller includes evaluation checklists.
A lot of wonderful information in bite-sized chunks.
296 pages, softcover
What Your Child Needs To Know When by Robin Sampson
Concerned homeschooling parents are always asking "Am I doing enough?" This book answers this question and includes the checklists for academic evaluation for each grade K-8 and much more. Author Robin Sampson explains our children need to obtain academic knowledge, but, more importantly, they need to acquire the wisdom to know how to use the knowledge! "You may be interested in this book because it includes the state standards but you will come away from it inspired to rely on God's standards!" The goals outlined in this book will help you prepare, teach, and evaluate your children from a Biblical world view. It will also advise you in helping them become self-motivated, lifelong learners.
Academic standards should not be separated from spiritual standards! We need to teach the whole child according to the child's individual God-given gifts. True wisdom progresses beyond intellectual pursuit; it is practical.
- What are the State Requirements
- What are God's requirements
- Differences between Greek and Biblical education
- Can the Bible be the core of all teachings?
- How the Greeks influenced public education
- How the Hebrews educated their children
- About the Heart of Wisdom Approach
- How to prepare goals for the year
- How to overcome testing fears
- How to overcome a child's testing fears
- If the Achievement Test Scores Accurate
Section 1 Philosophy of Education
- Chapter 1: Renewing Your Mind
- Chapter 2: World Views
- Chapter 3: History of State Education
- Chapter 4: History of Biblical Education
Section II: State Achievement Tests
- Chapter 5: Achievement Requirements
- Chapter 6: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Chapter 7: Evaluation
Section III Teaching Wisdom
- Chapter 8: Aiming For a Heart of Wisdom
- Chapter 9: Implementing a H.O.W. Approach
Section IV Evaluation Check Lists
- Chapter 10: Bible Reading Checklist
- Chapter 11: Character Evaluation