The Stations of the Cross in Jerusalem - Imperfect
This luxuriously illustrated volume is intended for pilgrims and visitors to Jerusalem, the Way of the Cross - the Via Dolorosa, and the 14 Stations of the Cross. It is an intelligible account of the origin, meaning, and development of this pious practice. The Way of the Cross is placed in its appropriate setting - the topography of the city, historic events, and the Jerusalem of our time.
* Sun Damage on Spine and Scuff marks on the cover.
The Stations of the Cross in Jerusalem
Sun Damage on Spine Or Scuff marks on Cover
- Did you know that a certain number of the Stations of the Cross of the Via Dolorosa in the Old City of Jerusalem are all within the Church of the Holy Sepulchre?
How many of the Stations of the Cross are along the Via Dolorosa and how many are within the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. What are their numbers?
Was the concept of the Fourteen Stations of the Cross formulated in ancient Jerusalem at the time of Jesus and his Disciples?
The answers to these questions and many others can be found in "The Stations of the Cross in Jerusalem".
- Jesus Tried Before the Sanhedrin
- He Suffered under Pontius Pilate
- From the Praetorium to Calvary
- Traditional Sites
- How the Early Christians of Jerusalem commemorated Christ's Passion and Death
- The Franciscan Link with the Stations of the Cross
- Prayers for the Stations of the Cross
5.5 x10 in. (14.5 x25 cm)
Weight: 166 g (5.85 oz)