Restoring the Jewishness of the Gospel
A Message for Christians. A book the whole Church needs to read! A challenge to conventional Christian ideas! Surprising answers to these and other crucial questions, along with suggestions for godly action, are given in the exciting and insightful book by an Israeli Messianic Jew, a jew who trusts Yeshua (Jesus).
Restoring the Jewishness of the Gospel by David H. Stern
Clear thinking about neglected questions such as:
- What central truth, ignored for 1,800 years, must be restored if the Church is to fulfill the Great Commission?
- How are both the Jews and the Church God's People?
- Is there a difference between Jew and Gentile in the Body of the Messiah?
- Will God fulfill all of His promises to the Jews?
- Does the Law of Moses remain in force today?
- Is the Church anti-Semitic? If so, what can you do about it?
- Should the Church evangelize Jews today? if so, how?
Surprising answers to these and other crucial questions, along with suggestions for godly action, are given in the exciting and insightful book by an Israeli Messianic Jew, a Jew who trusts Yeshua (Jesus)
- Contextualization versus restoration
- Restoring the Jewishness of the Gospel
- Presuppositions to Restoring the Jewishness of the Gospel
- Glossary of Hebrew words and Names
David H. Stern, born in Los Angeles in 1935, is the great-grandson of two of the city's first twenty Jews. He earned a Ph.D. in economics at Princeton University and was a professor at UCLA. In 1972 he came to faith in Yeshua the Messiah. He then received a Master of Divinity degree at Fuller Theological Seminary, did graduate work at the University of Judaism, and was active in the Messianic Jewish movement.
Dr. Stern authored Messianic Judaism from which Restoring the Jewishness of the Gospel is excerpted. His highly acclaimed English translation the Jewish New Testament, restores the New Testament's Jewishness. His Jewish New Testament Commentary discusses the many Jewish issues found in the New Testament. His fresh translation, The Complete Jewish Bible expresses the unity of the Tanakh (Old Testament) and the B'rit Hadashah (New Testament). His newest updated version of the Bible, The Complete Jewish Study Bible. This outstanding scholarly work offers Bible readers a thorough, biblically Jewish version of God's Word.