The Scriptures (Hard Cover)
This is a literal translation of the Bible in English. This translation differs significantly from most common English translations in that it has restored the original book order of the Hebrew Scriptures, the Old Testament (Tanakh), and restored the Name of the Most High, (יהוה) throughout.
Unique Features of The Scriptures:
- The Scriptures is a literal translation of the Tanakh and the Messianic Scriptures. Seeking a closer equivalent to the literal meaning of the original language.
- The Name: The divine Name (the tetragrammaton), יהוה, appears in Hebrew characters throughout the translation in the Tanakh (Torah, Nevi'im, Kethuvim) and also in the Messianic Scriptures. The name by which the Messiah was known, Y'hoshua / Yeshua, is restored in Hebrew as well and appears in the text as such, יהושׁע.
- Order of Books: The books in the Tanakh are arranged according to the original order of the Hebrew Scriptures, the Torah, the Prophets and the Writings.
- Personal Names: The original Hebrew personal names of people and places are restored throughout the Scriptures, such as "Yirmeyahu" for Jeremiah, "Yeshayahu", for Isaiah and "Mosheh" for Moses and in the Messianic Scriptures, "Mattithyahu" for Matthew etc.
- Book Names: The Names of all the books in the Tanakh are restored to the original Hebrew, including the books of the Torah: Bereshith (Genesis), Shemoth (Exodus), Wayiqra (Leviticus), etc, also the books of, Tehillim (Psalms), and Mishle (Proverbs) etc.
Words and names, as far as possible, have been corrected in order to eliminate any names of idolatrous origin.
Difficult phrases in the Scriptures are explained in footnotes and the explanatory word list.
The traditional rendering of the word "Law" has been restored with "Torah" throughout the translation, retaining the richness and full meaning of this word in the Hebrew language. Maps.
Size: 6.3 x 8.3 inches [160 x 210mm],
Designer Slip Case