Makura Organic Leccino Extra Olive Oil
This particular olive oil is made from Leccino Olives, a variety originally from Tuscany. They are organically grown at Makura Farm located in the Carmel Mountains in Israel. The farm specializes in organic farming using techniques that rely on compost as a substitute for chemical fertilizers and bilogical pest control methods, deploying insects that are effective against pests. Kalamata Farms manages the entire olive oil production process all the way from the tree to the press.
Leccino olive oil has a gentle aroma and fruitiness. Leccino's concentration of important antioxidants makes it a valuable nutritional supplement, in addition to being a delicious extra virgin olive oil. Pair it with a Balsamic vinegar for a terrific salad dressing or dip for bread.
500 ml/ 16.9 oz
Makura Farm is located in the heart of an extinct volcano in the Camel Mountains in Northern Israel. In this valley hidden from sight, olive groves have been grown for many, many years. Makura farms specializes in organic farming using techniques that rely on compost as a substitute for chemical fertilizers, and bilogical pest control methods, deploying insects that are effective against pests. At Makura Farms they manage the entire olive oil production process, all the way from the tree to the press. The olive oil is produced using cold-press methods that preserve its quality, taste and health benefits.
All olive oil from Makura Farm, owned and operated by Guy and Orna Rilov in Zichron Yaakov, Israel.
USDA Organic. Kosher Supervision by the Rabbinate of Hof Hacarmel
Makura Farm's Tabouli
Israelis love their salads or salatim and often make several to accompany a single meal. Try this healthy tabouli recipe from Makura Farm in Israel.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup bulgur
- 4 bunches parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bunch mint, finely chopped
- 2 red onions, diced
- 2-3 small red tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup extra virgin organic olive oil
- Juice of 3 fresh lemons
- Cucumbers or pickles, diced (optional)
- ½ tsp salt (optional)
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Put 1 cup of bulgur in a heat-proof bowl. Pour boiling water over bulgur and allow it to stand for 20 minutes to absorb the water. Meanwhile, chop the herbs and vegetables. Mix herbs and vegetables with the bulgur. Add the olive oil and lemon as well as cucumbers salt, if using.